L'Arche Canada is recruiting an Immigration Administrator
Duration: Permanent part-time
L’Arche Canada is seeking a Bilingual Immigration Administrator to work in partnership with the HR team and the Assistants/HR Coordinators from across the country to ensure that successful international candidates are supported to obtain the necessary work permits and work permit renewals. The Immigration Administrator ensures that the government standards, regulations, and L’Arche standards regarding immigration are maintained and well-integrated. The Immigration Administrator directly supports communities and international individuals that are offered a position in a L’Arche community.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all incoming international assistants, are guided through the immigration process and receive all necessary templates and letters to obtain a work permit for specific communities.
- Collaborates with the Recruitment Coordinator and communities for immigration needs during internal transfer processes.
- Encourages, teaches and supports incoming international assistants to plan for, and anticipate port of entry procedures.
- Monitors work permit renewals in communities and initiates renewal processes.
- Provides direct support to communities during immigration audits.
- Ensures that L’Arche Canada has necessary support from an immigration lawyer in place. Acts as liaison with the lawyer as required for complex cases and questions.
- Maintains data for immigration statistics.
Read complete role description in PDF below