L'Arche Calgary is recruiting a Community Leader/Executive Director
L’Arche Calgary is seeking an energetic, compassionate individual who is willing to lead this faith and relationship-based community for a mandate of 4 years with the possibility for renewal for up to 2 additional terms. Best fit individuals are those who embrace community building and are excited about opportunities for growth and change that will benefit the community. In addition to being overall responsible for identifying and delivering on opportunities to fulfill the mission of L’Arche and uphold the values and philosophy outlined in the Servant Leadership Model, this person is responsible for ensuring adherence with government standards/directives and local community policies. The Community Leader/Executive Director ensures that adequate structures, systems, resources and processes are in place to meet the needs of L’Arche Calgary. The Community Leader/Executive Director also supervises members of the Leadership Team and administrative personnel, and must work closely with all stakeholders to manage the high-quality and person-centred care and well-being of the individual members of L’Arche Calgary’s homes and programs.
Location: L’Arche Calgary is a vibrant, spiritual, relationship-based community. We currently have 5 homes, a Supported Independent Living Program and Tamarack Day Program where people with and without intellectual disabilities live, work and share life together. This is a diverse, multicultural community that celebrates the unique gifts of each person who chooses to live and/or work with us. To learn more about our community visit: https://www.larchecalgary.org/
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and foster a comfortable, welcoming and affirming community-building atmosphere.
- Ensure celebrations, traditions, spiritual practices and gatherings are inclusive and meaningful.
- Maintain a community rhythm that is well-balanced and reflective of members’ pace.
- Plan, organize and execute initiatives to support the priorities identified in the L’Arche Calgary Mandate.
- Identify the overall needs of the community, develop priorities and action plans, and oversee their implementation and ongoing evaluation.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
Read complete role description in PDF below.