Our lives intertwined with yours
Happy Birthday, your 90th! You have been blessed with such a rich, deep and full life and may it continue!
One of the great graces of our lives has been how they have been intertwined with yours for over 45 years now. We quickly and joyfully came up with the following examples:
- Your annual visits to Daybreak back in the 70’s
- The first International Renewal in 1979 in England together when you were a participant too
- Your visit to Renewal ‘92 again in England
- Our many visits to Trosly over the years, including starting our honeymoon at Mamie’s house in single beds
- Various Federation meetings, including meeting the Pope and Mother Theresa in Rome on the same day
- Various Covenant Retreats
- Being on the International team with you and Claire
- L’Arche Pilgrimages to the Holy Land
- Various spiritual reflection meetings
- Henri’s funeral in Holland
- The Royal Bank Award Dinner in Montreal (a rare occasion when you wore a suit and tie!)
- Companion of the Order of Canada celebration at Rideau Hall
- Mamie’s funeral in Quebec City
- World Youth Day in Toronto where we set the L’Arche record for the Washing of the Feet!
- Your many talks in Toronto at Convocation Hall and various churches
- Your Massey Lecture and Dinner in Toronto
- St. John’s Gospel in Trosly
- Your many little notes over the years (and we could read most of them too!)
Through all of this common history (and more) it is obvious how Jesus has called us together in a covenant of love for our growth and happiness and for the Mission of L’Arche in our broken world.
We can never be grateful enough!
With much love,
Joe & Mary