L'Arche Edmonton is recruiting a Community Leader
We are looking for an energetic, compassionate individual who is willing to lead this faith based and, relationship-based community for a mandate of 4 years, with the possibility for renewal up to two additional terms. Best fit individuals are those who embrace transition and growth and are excited about opportunities for change. L’Arche Edmonton consists of six homes, a Day Program and a Community Centre where people with and without disabilities live and work together. This is a diverse, multicultural community, celebrating the unique gifts of everyone who chooses to live and work with us.
The Community Leader directs L’Arche Edmonton, providing leadership in the development and implementation of a vision and mission for the community. The Community Leader is responsible for the day to day life and management of the community in fidelity to the Identity and Mission of L’Arche and the new L'Arche Edmonton Community Mandate (2021-2024).
- Knowledge and understanding of L’Arche
- Knowledge of the Servant Leadership program of L’Arche Canada
- Commitment to L’Arche core values
- Committed to personal and shared spirituality
- Passionate about building relationships
- Empathetic, respectful, collaborative style, teambuilder
- Leads by example- Inspires confidence in others and calls forth their gifts.
- Passionate about advocacy with people with intellectual disabilities
Please read PDFs below for complete role description the community Mandate.