L'Arche Comox Valley is seeking a Community Leader
L’Arche Comox Valley is seeking an energetic, compassionate individual who is willing to lead our community for a mandate of 4years.Best fit individuals are those who embrace growth and are excited about opportunities for changethat will benefit the community.In addition to being overall responsible for identifying and delivering on opportunities to fulfill the mission of L’Arche and uphold the values and philosophy outlined in the Servant Leadership Model, the Community Leader also acts as Executive Directorand therefore is responsible for ensuring adherence with government standards and directives and local community policies. The Community Leader ensures that adequate structures, systems, resources and processes are in place to meet the needs of the community. The Community Leader supervises other leadership team members and administrative staff, and must work closely with all stakeholders to manage the high-quality and person-centred care and well-being of the individual members of the local L’Arche homes and programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and fosters a comfortable, welcoming and affirming community-building atmosphere.
- Ensures celebrations, traditions, spiritual practices and gatherings are inclusive and meaningful.
- Maintains community calendar that is well-balanced and reflective of members’ pace.
- Maintains regular and consistent schedule of individual (supervisory) roles and goals meetings,coaching, team meetings, and circles of learning.
- Ensures adequate time and resources are designated so formation and training programs are of high-quality and kept up-to-date...
Read complete role description in PDF below