L'Arche Homefires is recruiting a Community Leader
L’Arche Homefires in Wolfville, NS, is seeking an experienced leader, passionate about inclusion and the core values of L’Arche, to lead this dynamic, joyful, and relationship-based community. We are looking for someone open to personal and professional growth and who can support that growth in others. The Community Leader is responsible for identifying and delivering on opportunities to fulfill the mission of L’Arche and uphold the values and philosophy outlined in the L’Arche Core Values. The Community Leader works closely with senior leaders, government officials, partners, and stakeholders to ensure the high-quality and person-centred care and well-being of the individual members of L’Arche homes and programs.
L’Arche Homefires is located in Wolfville, NS. We are a large, well-established, and diverse community with strong connections with the wider community of Wolfville and beyond. Our membership includes more than 30 people with intellectual disabilities and more than 75 full and part-time assistants and staff. L’Arche Homefires has five homes, a supported independent living program, and a diverse day program that includes the “Applewicks” brand of candles and weaving. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsilities
- With the Board, Region, and Community, lead the development of a four year plan for L’Arche Homefires and oversee its implementation and ongoing evaluation.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, including the ability to lead with innovation, creativity, and courage
- Develop and foster a comfortable, welcoming, and affirming community-building atmosphere.
- Ensure adherence with government standards/directives and local community policies.
- Ensure adequate structures, systems, resources, and processes are in place to meet needs of L’Arche Homefires.
- Supervise members of the Leadership Team and other administrative personnel
Read complete role description in PDF below.