L'Arche Antigonish is recruiting a Spiritual Life Coordinator
Meaningful, mutual relationships are at the core of what makes L’Arche unique. L’Arche Antigonish enables individuals to become connected to others in a way that ensures everyone is welcome and accepted just as they are. L’Arche members experience a sense of purpose and belonging, becoming engaged and feeling valued.
Part of the international network of L’Arche, Antigonish is one of seven communities in the Atlantic region. Over our 40-year history, L’Arche Antigonish has grown from two people sharing life together, to five homes, a supervised apartment, three day programs, and a summer camp. Living with difference and vulnerability is challenging, yet L’Arche is a sign that when all people, including the most marginalized, take their place, society becomes more human – more colourful, welcoming, creative, compassionate and joyful.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pray for the community
- Chair and be a member of the Spiritual and Community Life Committee
- Coordinate the observance of Ecumenical/Interfaith traditions
- Coordinate weekly community and house worship services
- Organize the annual Community Retreat
- Support members with opportunities for individual retreats
- Provide accompaniment to community members by being a listening ear in matters of spirituality
Read complete role description in PDF below.